You are viewing content for Deferred members Not you?

What happens if you divorce?

If you get divorced, the court can allocate some of your pension benefits to your ex-spouse. If you are making financial arrangements in connection with a marital separation or divorce, you should get advice about your pension rights. A lawyer may ask for an up-to-date calculation of the cash equivalent transfer value of your benefits.